The LACAS A Level Programme is the second oldest in Lahore and focuses on providing multiple opportunities for students to reach their potential, be it in academic or co curricular endeavours. Our aim, which we continuously strive towards, is to ensure that when our students graduate, we have instilled in each one of them the values laid out in our Mission Statement; confidence, integrity, tolerance and a quest for lifelong learning.
These are the things that brace young people to enter the real world with courage, conviction and the motivation to do their part in making this world a better place.
Admission Criterion for A Level:
- O Level result
- Last two years reports
- Choice of subjects
- Art & Design
- Business Studies
- General Paper AS
- English Literature
- Environmental Management AS
- Further Mathematics
- Govt. Politics
- Media Studies
- World History
All admissions are based on merit. LACAS accepts applications for admission from February to April for all levels, subject to the availability of seats. However, in exceptional circumstances, students may be admitted during the course of an academic year. A Level admissions are open from June to August each year.
Playgroup – O Level
Parents can register their child (Monday – Thursday) from 9 am to 1 pm at the admissions office. Students will only be registered after the school registration form has been filled and submitted with all the required documents.
After registration the school office will inform parents of the schedule for entry tests.
Successful candidates will appear for an interview along with their parents. Admission will only be confirmed after the interview.
- Students are registered when the completed forms along with all the necessary supporting documents have been submitted to the Admission office of respective the A Level Campus.
- Applicants are required to submit their O Level Statement of Result as soon as the results are announced in August.
- Interviews with applicants and their parents are scheduled before admission is finalised.
- Subject options are finalised on the basis of O Level results as well as the availability of seats in the desired area.
We at LACAS understand that preschool years are a special time in the lives of young children. During this period they gain independence, learn to take initiative and become keen observers of their surroundings. Their language skills develop considerably and they use thousands of words, complex phrases and sentences to communicate.
Our preschools curricula focus on domains of early learning that encourage young children’s natural tendency to explore. This comprehensive approach balances teacher planned and child-initiated learning, addressing children’s learning styles, strengths and interests.
The Domains are:
- Physical Development
- Social – Emotional Development
- Language and Literacy Development – English, Urdu
- Creative Arts and Expression
- Knowledge of the World
- Science and Technology
Assessments are designed for Playgroup, Pre-reception and Reception with an objective to document each child’s development and learning at the time of entry.
The Assessment helps us plan appropriate strategies to promote effective learning for the respective year groups.
Assessment criterion for Playgroup:
- Ability to separate from parents
- Follow simple one – two step directions
- Identify common objects by name
- Arrange objects in a series
- Ability to talk about what is happening in a story
- Ability to eye and hand coordination
- Ability to differentiate between simple patterns
Assessment criterion for Pre-reception:
- Recognize his/her name in print
- Categorize basic objects such as fruits or vegetables
- Identify and name basic colours
- Identify and name basic 2D shapes
- Identify sounds of letters of the alphabet
- Count objects (1 – 10)
- Write numbers in order (1 – 10)
Assessment criterion for Reception:
- Write upper case and lower case letters of the alphabet
- Write his/her own name
- Sequence a simple story in correct order
- Identify initial letter sounds of illustrated objects/pictures
- Categorize and classify objects
- Write numbers (1 – 30)
- Know number spellings (1 – 5)
- Count objects (1 – 5)
- Add and subtract single digits (1 – 10)
- Count backwards (1 – 30)
Primary through O Level
The Primary and Middle School curricula has been constructed keeping in mind the respective stages of child development. It is ensure that content and teaching practices are developmentally appropriate and eventually link all learning are to the curricula framework provided by the CAIE.
Admission Criterion for Grade I – O Level:
It is important for the school to be aware of every child's stage as per the LACAS curriculum. Therefore, in addition to the reports of schools previously attended, we will conduct independent assessment in three major subjects (I – IX):
- English Language
- Urdu Language
In addition to entrance tests in these subjects, the child’s spoken language skills, confidence and motivation level is assessed during the interview.
- English Language
- Urdu Language
- Pakistan Studies
- Additional Mathematics
- Computer Science
- Principles of Accounts
- Business Studies
- Literature in English
- Environmental Management
- History World Affairs
- Art and Design